Nocturne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nocturne Pedals

+9
Tom E.
Chud
kruelkats
devilstool
Brett
greasertom
ArtDecade
jaycemumford
mshehan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nocturne Pedals Empty Nocturne Pedals

Post  greasert Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

this seems appropriate, what Nocturne pedals do you have and what do you love about them. My atomic brain is a couple weeks out and ive spent much of my time watching youtube vids. So lets hear it!

greasert

Back to top Go down

Nocturne Pedals Empty Re: Nocturne Pedals

Post  mshehan Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I have 2: Brain Seltzer #112 and Fuzz Ray #9. My Brain Seltzer is never off....no matter what guitar I'm playing. It's so hard to explain what it does...other than make everything sound "better." All of the notes shine through and sound so much more full. I've been telling myself I'm going to pick up an Atomic Brain - and as a guy of Irish heritage I'm holding out for a St Patty's day theme!!! - haha. Shamrocks or metallic green - how can you go wrong!!

The Fuzz ray is super cool too. It has a pretty large range of sounds to it. I've rotated many pedals through the board, but they have been mainstays. The Seltzer is my all time favorite pedal....but I'm still going to get an Atomic Brain.
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  greasert Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:47 pm

mshehan, i can tell were gonna get along good. im irish too and i love yer idea. fortunately at 5'8'' im leprechaun enough.
I cant wait for my atomic. im thinking a fuzz ray or one of tavos other garage rock type pedals would be awesome. alien

greasert

Back to top Go down

Post  jaycemumford Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 am

Nail Head.. Enough said!
jaycemumford
jaycemumford

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 am

Greasert - the Fuzz Ray is really cool. If you really feel like crankin' up and letting something rip - it's a pedal for you!...and i guess at a little over 6 foot - I'm just an overgrown leprechaun
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtDecade Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I have the Atomic Brain, Fuzz-Ray, Nail Head, and Ubangi Stomp... Very Happy I guess you can tell that I think Tavo is doing one hell of a job!
ArtDecade
ArtDecade

Back to top Go down

Post  greasertom Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 am

god you guys I cant wait till my atomic brain gets here, i believe its about 2 weeks away...im dying with anticipation
greasertom
greasertom

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 am

I`m using the Atomic Brain and it´s actually to me a "must have-pedal".
It´s always on. And it´s even on my insurance list. Smile

Nocturne Pedals AtomicBrain

The next Nocturne pedal will be the Ubangi Stomp.

Last edited by Brett on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing error)
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post  greasert Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:38 am

my atomic isnt even here and im debating on wich pedal i want next...Tavo is a great guy, very helpful

greasert

Back to top Go down

Nocturne Pedals Empty Eeenie meenie

Post  devilstool Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 pm

I've got an original Brain Seltzer (Cola Sparkle), a Fuzz-Ray, and a Ubangi Stomp.

The Seltzer is a must-have but I've considered going Dyno so that my single coil guitars get a little help, and then the Ubangi's range is incredible. It dirties up the tone without losing clarity. Great pedal.

devilstool

http://thethousandyardstare.com/guitar-playin-doofus-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Nocturne Pedals Empty looking for dyno brain

Post  kruelkats Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:02 am

I'm still looking for dyno brain or brain seltzer pedal in Australia, if you have one and wanna sell it, feel free to contact me What a Face

kruelkats

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtDecade Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Why wait for great tone any longer? Order one up from Tavo's website!
ArtDecade
ArtDecade

Back to top Go down

Post  Chud Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

I've also got a colo-sparkle brain seltzer (love it) and a newly aquired ubangi stomp. The stomp is amazing. I've been looking forever for a dirt pedal that seems like a natural clean to dirty progression and this is it. Tried numerous others that the moment you start to increase the gain, your tone goes out the window. I love the fact that the ubangi stomp does NOT kill your tone and instead just starts adding some nice dirt to it. And I say this after literally only having about 20 minutes to play around with it. My wife and I have a new addition to the family which means my music room is now a baby room so time and space have become a rarity :/
Chud
Chud

Back to top Go down

Post  greasertom Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Chud wrote:I've also got a colo-sparkle brain seltzer (love it) and a newly aquired ubangi stomp. The stomp is amazing. I've been looking forever for a dirt pedal that seems like a natural clean to dirty progression and this is it. Tried numerous others that the moment you start to increase the gain, your tone goes out the window. I love the fact that the ubangi stomp does NOT kill your tone and instead just starts adding some nice dirt to it. And I say this after literally only having about 20 minutes to play around with it. My wife and I have a new addition to the family which means my music room is now a baby room so time and space have become a rarity :/
haha just wait till they start tweaking all the knobs on your amp and pedals that you so carefully dialed in
greasertom
greasertom

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott612 Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I have an original Brain Seltzer(#55) in Christmas Snow Globe finish. However recent Tavo modded it for me so it would work well with Dynasonic pickups(a vast improvement IMO over the original design). Plus recently I bought an Atomic Brain that I'm getting more and more accustomed to. I also plan on getting a Ubangi Stomp soon.

Scott612

Back to top Go down

Nocturne Pedals Empty Need advice!!

Post  Tom E. Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Like most of you guys I'm a proud owner of those Nocturne pedals product and my question is this one:
I have a Brain Seltzer mixed with a Strymon El Capistan delay and this one is ''humming'' ( can I say that as a noise!?)
And I heard that I can put a kind of hum cancelor to stop the noise. So does it work if it's available and not a ''rumor'' AND is it a waste of money or a great investment if this thing is really existing!?

Pardon pour mon anglais cherry
Tom E.
Tom E.

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't have the Strymon, but I do use the Brain Seltzer with many other pedals and the only noise I get is from using single coils, but it's never anything I'd consider a "hum" - just typical single coil noise. I have an MXR Smart Gate, but I never use it (in fact I took it off of my board). I almost thought it took some of the character out of the sound and made it "too clean" - if that makes sense. It kind of took away some of the best part of the sound.

I guess I don't mind a little noise, but if it's an audible hum - that would be different. I don't think I would consider my noise canceling pedal a way to fix a loud hum. I'd try to isolate which part of the rig is causing it - and hopefully its an easy fix.
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  wademp Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:12 pm

I have a redflake Dyno Brain, and am really considering an Atomic Brain. I wouldn't mind checking out a fuzz-Ray and an Ubangi stomp too. Tavo builds such quality stuff and is such a good and personable business man, that I can't help but want to buy from him.

wademp

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:08 am

I`m using a Ubangi Stomp since June, It`s a kick ass pedal... Cool
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 am

I think the Ubangi Stomp is going to end up on my "wish list". It seems to be pretty popular with its users Exclamation
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  wademp Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 am

Mshehan; the why I'm even thinking about it. I don't really NEED the ubangi, but I don't think that I've heard a bad thing about it yet. So....maybe I DO need one! Very Happy I'm always into any kind of quality gear that can inspire me to write a new type of sounding song for my band.

wademp

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:49 am

I'm definitely going to pick up the Atomic Brain 1st, but I will get a Ubangi too.
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

Especially after checking out the videos on the Nocturne site. The big time drive of the Atomic Brain and Ubangi Stomp together was pretty sweet. Check it out...on the "User" video side.
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tele295 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am

I have Ubangi #14 and a satin orange Atomic Brain on order
Tele295
Tele295

http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

That Satin Orange looks awesome. Great color. I received my Swami Blue Atomic yesterday....I predict you are going to be VERY happy with your Atomic purchase. Unbelieveable...
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next