Nocturne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar!

+11
Rocking Johnny
Brett
vic
Tom E.
devilstool
pkfd
b'grilla
ArtDecade
mshehan
jaycemumford
TAVO
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar!

Post  TAVO Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Got to start somewhere eh?? I'm a gretsch man first, and a tele fan second. I'm really hooked on my
gretsch spectra sonic at the moment and would say its my go to gretsch as of late.
Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Img_1611
TAVO
TAVO
Admin

https://nocturne.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Re: Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar!

Post  jaycemumford Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:59 am

Didn't you have a green metalflake guard on it at one point?
jaycemumford
jaycemumford

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Gretsch - Teles - and the other G

Post  mshehan Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 am

I'm a Gretsch guy at heart after buying my Setzer HR about 8 or 9 years ago, and right now the 5 guitars on the stand are my Tim Armstrong Electromatic, Fender Custom Shop Rosewood Tele, a 1976 Gibson Les Paul Pro Deluxe (it does have P90s if that helps it's "other G" cause any??!!), a Hwy 1 Strat with Lace Sensors, and a "homemade" Tele Partscaster.

I have a 5 guitar stand, so I only leave out 5 at a time....and as my wife Sandy points out "I can only play one at a time!

mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Re: Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar!

Post  ArtDecade Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Fender Telecaster (My Main guitar - Stock)
Ibanez SZ (Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB)
Ibanez Marty Friedman Signature (Stock)
Larrivee D-03 (D-Tar Wave-Length pickup)
ArtDecade
ArtDecade

Back to top Go down

Post  TAVO Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:54 pm

hey come on where are your pictures.. on great thing about this forum's format is that you can
easily upload pictures straight from your computer.. just be mindful of the softwares size
choices and choose the one for websites otherwise you'll be posting giant wall art. Smile
TAVO
TAVO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtDecade Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

I'll post some when I get home from work!
ArtDecade
ArtDecade

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty gorilla has guitar

Post  b'grilla Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:29 pm

b'grilla likes Gretsch guitars and strats What a Face Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Guitar10 Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Guitar11
b'grilla
b'grilla

Back to top Go down

Post  pkfd Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:53 pm

My two Gretsch Electromatic Custom (G5125 & G5235T) :
Maybe one day I'll trade both for a 6120 Smile
Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 215073_200325496692611_200258360032658_548052_4106131_n

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 387656_3090727706388_1209862057_3381003_1933471732_n

pkfd

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Oh yeahhhhh......

Post  devilstool Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:30 pm

The guitar in my stable that I'm dragging on most often is my Robin Machete. It looks like a typical "pointy" guitar but it seriously plays like a dream. I'd compare it to a Gibson SG, but a little beefier.

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 92_machete

The (PJ Marx) pickups make it sound kinda strat-like right now (and actually also kinda "plucky" like a tele) but I think I'm going to stick some Seymour Duncans in it soon to see what happens. I have quite a few "traditional" shaped guitars but this is the one I'm grabbing most often.

devilstool

http://thethousandyardstare.com/guitar-playin-doofus-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Empty Here's mine!!

Post  Tom E. Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Here's my babies: A 6120 ''Custom E.'', a LsL T-Bone and finally a Power Jet!!

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 3_guit12
Tom E.
Tom E.

Back to top Go down

Post  mshehan Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I'll get a few pictures up later. I work with computers all day, yet know nothing about them. My wife is a computer guru. She'll help me!
mshehan
mshehan

Back to top Go down

Post  vic Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 101_0111

Thar she all blows
vic
vic

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey, a new place.
Very cool. Hello to all!

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Gretschrig
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocking Johnny Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Gretschtele

The Super Reverb is up for sale.

My main amp now is the Peavey Delta Blues,
Main Guitar is my Gretsch 6120, only mods are T-Armond pickups, adjustomatic bridge and bone nut.
The Paisley Tele mainly gets used in an Elvis Show I work in from time to time: Very Happy
Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Pdb2
Rocking Johnny
Rocking Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  WB Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Got room for some Guilds?

Early '63 Guild X175 Manhattan on the left, late '62 on the right. Only modifications are the (old) Guild Bigsbies, both modded with (new) Chet Handles, both have had the pickups potted by me, and made RW/RP (really easy with P90's and P90- oids), the '63 has had its first refret, the '62 is going in for the fourth soon. Pots have been replaced where needed too. There's a stainless steel Tru-Arc on a rosewood base on the '62, a Gotoh TOM on the '63. I love both of these guitars dearly.

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! TWINS

And this is my '61 Guild Starfire III Special. It's a refin, so it was cheap, but it was originally black too. It's been refretted, has a Schaller-made Gibson Abr-1 TOM, new pots and harness, new drop-in replacement Grover 18:1 Grover Statites (originals were used up, shot), and I replaced the neck pickup by a current production Gretsch Dynasonic (yikes!!) that actually works great in this guitar. The original neck pickup, which I still have, was just too hot, and I couldn't get it balanced with the lead pickup. Great little guitar.

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! IMG_2827
WB
WB

Back to top Go down

Post  TAVO Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 pm

oh why do you hurt me so!!! some day I'll have my daddy's guild (heck he would too)

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Img_0912
TAVO
TAVO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WB Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 pm

That's the one model I'm still on the lookout for - a CE100D Capri! Preferably a beater with plenty of finish damage, because I'd like to have a black one, and while they made some in black, they're really rare, so I'd prefer to find a cheap one that's in "player" condition, and have it refinished black!

I have two friend who have one of those, and they're seriously rockin' guitars - all laminated maple with a mahogany neck, and about the size of a 6120.
WB
WB

Back to top Go down

Post  WB Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm

And that's a very cool pic of a very cool dad with a very cool guitar btw Tavo!!
WB
WB

Back to top Go down

Post  TAVO Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 pm

dude I'm so happy you joined up, I'd love for you to be the resident Guild expert. Because of you I actually
now know what that guitar is that my pops used even if I cant find one to save my life! Smile If you want me
to make a "Sticky" guild section I will.

cheers
TAVO
TAVO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Bananas Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:09 pm

my first Gretsch!

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Gretsc11

but i'm saving up for a Hot Rod... my dream guitar right now!
Eddie Bananas
Eddie Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:17 am

pkfd wrote:My two Gretsch Electromatic Custom (G5125 & G5235T) :
Maybe one day I'll trade both for a 6120 Smile
Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! 215073_200325496692611_200258360032658_548052_4106131_n

Looks cool! is this a real mud switch?
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post  pkfd Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Yes of course, it's a TV Jones wiring harness.
I reversed the mud switch & the tone switch.

pkfd

Back to top Go down

Post  Chud Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

The 330 was my introduction to the world of hollowbodies. From there I had a 5120 that only lasted a few month because I loved it so much I had to get the real thing....

Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Guitars-1
Welcome to the new forum, tell me about your rocking geetar! Amps
Chud
Chud

Back to top Go down

Post  TAVO Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 pm

holy mackeral!! what does that p90 machine sound like with the ubangi? Smile
TAVO
TAVO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chud Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Pretty amazing actually. I might consider doing a quick demo if I can built up the courage one of these days. I'm actually really curious about the new 1959 es-330 reissue and how it would sound. It has the underwound P90's which have me very curious. The 330L can be pretty useless loud or in jam situations even clean (due to feedback) unless you have the time to really make sure your rig is set up properly with the space your in....which I typically do not. My 6120 doesn't typically have that problem which is why the 330 typically stays in its case.

TAVO wrote:holy mackeral!! what does that p90 machine sound like with the ubangi? Smile

Last edited by Chud on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Chud
Chud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum